Reports to: Technical Sales Director
Ostara Nutrient Recovery Technologies Inc. designs, builds and sells a new generation of water treatment systems – a nutrient recovery solution that creates value from used water by recovering nutrients and transforming them into revenue-generating, environmentally-friendly commercial fertilizer. Along with helping wastewater treatment facilities reduce operating costs and meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations, Ostara’s proprietary Pearl® nutrient recovery process recovers and transforms phosphorus and nitrogen into Crystal Green®, a slow-release fertilizer that Ostara markets and sells, providing cost savings and a new stream of revenue for its customers.
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for supporting Ostara’s sales department throughout the sales process, with the primary objective being to assist in the technical evaluation and development of cost-effective solutions for the Pearl and WASSTRIP® processes.
Activities will include internal sales functions such as developing proposals, preparing process design calculations, estimating costs; and field based tasks, such as managing pilot scale demonstration projects at the customer site, including operating pilot equipment and collecting/analyzing plant performance and operating data (including lab work). In addition to interaction within the sales department, the candidate will be expected to work closely with the marketing, projects, and operations departments from qualifying opportunities, to advancing opportunities through the sales pipeline, to supporting contract preparation.
The position is full time and reports to the Technical Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete mass balances and system performance and economic modeling
- Preliminary system design including sizing and selection of equipment
- Support preparation of technical proposals
- Gather and analyze system operating data to assist the selling process
- Provide support and/or conducting pilot tests
- Assist Sales team with advancing opportunities
- Updating and maintaining client information in the Customer Relationship Management database
- Gather, maintain, and communicate competitor and market information
- Respond to inquiries (telephone, website, etc.) in a professional, responsive, courteous manner
- Degree or Diploma in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering/Sciences
- Eligible for Professional Engineering or ASTT designation
- 3-7 years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple complex projects in diverse areas
- Self-motivated with excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, and technical skills
- Willing and capable to meet with clients face-to-face when needed
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly strong experience in Excel
- Experience with AutoCAD, MATLAB and/or Python are an asset
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s license
- Previous wastewater experience is an asset
- Outstanding communication skills
- Results oriented
- Strong technical skills
- Team player
- Well organized
- Willingness to travel
The candidate will be expected to work standard hours in an office environment. S/he may have to work outside office hours when doing site work in an industrial environment.
The candidate should currently be eligible to work in Canada.
The candidate should be free to travel to the US and internationally and with no restrictions.
Field and lab work may require you to climb ladders, work at heights (on platforms), and stand for extended periods of time.
No direct reports.
For more information about this opportunity, or to refer candidates, please contact Anna Shojania at GO Recruitment at (604) 726-4868 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org