Junior Applications Engineer
Junior Applications Engineer
The Junior Applications Engineer will be responsible for supporting Ostara’s sales department throughout the sales process, with the primary objective being to assist in the technical evaluation and development of cost-effective solutions for the Pearl and WASSTRIP® processes.
Activities will include internal sales functions such as developing proposals, preparing process design calculations, estimating costs; and field based tasks, such as managing pilot and bench scale demonstration projects at the customer site, including operating pilot equipment and collecting/analyzing plant performance and operating data (including lab work). In addition to interaction within the sales department, the candidate will be expected to work closely with the marketing, projects, and operations departments from qualifying opportunities, to advancing opportunities through the sales pipeline, to supporting contract preparation.
The position is full time, located in Tampa (preferred) or Vancouver offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete mass balances and system performance and economic modeling
- Preliminary system design including sizing and selection of equipment
- Support preparation of technical proposals
- Provide support and/or conducting pilot tests
- Site jar testing, bench-scale analysis, and data collection
- Gather and analyze system operating data to assist the selling process
- Respond to inquiries (telephone, website, etc.) in a professional, responsive, courteous manner
- Degree or Diploma in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering/Sciences
- Eligible for Professional Engineering or ASTT designation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple complex projects in diverse areas
- Self-motivated with excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, and technical skills
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly strong experience in Excel
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s license
- Previous wastewater experience is an asset
- Outstanding communication skills
- Results oriented
- Strong technical skills, including familiarity and proficiency with lab testing procedures and documentation
- Team player
- Well organized
- Willingness to travel
The candidate will be expected to work standard hours in an office environment. S/he may have to work outside office hours when doing site work in an industrial environment. Significant potential travel opportunities are likely.
The candidate should currently be eligible to work in US/Canada and should be free to travel to the US and internationally and with no restrictions.
Field and lab work may require you to climb ladders, work at heights (on platforms), and stand for extended periods of time.
No Direct Reports.
For more information about this opportunity or to refer candidates, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Junior Applications Engineer” in the subject line.