Marketing and Communication Manager
About Ostara Nutrient Recovery Technologies Inc. (“Ostara”)
Ostara’s Crystal Green® fertilizers are the first slow-release phosphorus fertilizers to release nutrients in response to plant demand; these Root-Activated™ granules are proven to increase yields, enhance soil health and significantly reduce phosphorus tie-up and runoff, thereby improving food security while protecting local waterways from nutrient pollution. In addition, Ostara’s Pearl® technology recovers phosphorus and nitrogen from industrial, agricultural, and municipal water streams, and transforms these nutrients into its premium, sustainable Crystal Green® fertilizers which are sold into the agriculture and turf sectors through a network of established distributors in North America and Europe.
This position would allow you to enter at the early commercial stage of a progressive agricultural and turf focused, sufficiently backed company giving you the opportunity to play a critical role in Ostara’s fast growth and expansion. Ostara is focused on developing solutions that benefit all stakeholders. We are environmentally motivated and encourage innovation and teamwork in the workplace. Joining a small, fast-growing, revenue generating company provides a unique experience for career development.
The Marketing and Communication Manager is responsible for communicating Ostara’s mission, vision, products, and technology across all channels of trade as well as developing advertising, promotional activities and coordinating with sales activities in line with Ostara’s objectives. This individual must possess the knowledge and skills to design and produce sales collateral and marketing literature. The Marketing and Communication Specialist will work closely with all internal departments, subcontractors, and will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Conduct customer discovery to establish new consumer requirements, habits, and trends to improve future marketing efforts.
- Communicate Ostara’s mission, vision, products, and technology across channels of trade and to the public.
- Formulate, direct, and coordinate advertising and promotional activities, website design and changes.
- Promote brand awareness through marketing efforts.
- Produce and distribute various types of sales collateral and marketing literature (technical sheets, product guides, sell sheets, pricing lists, case studies, hiring brochures).
- Manage marketing projects and work with subcontractors.
- Assist with the development of annual marketing budget and adhere to budget.
- Works directly with sales team and field technical reps to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure that the materials are being used optimally.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate attendance and exhibition at industry trade shows and events.
- Design and produce pitch decks and presentations for leadership and sales teams.
- Stay up to date with industry trends to ensure campaigns and promotions are relevant within each market.
- Maintain awareness on best practice marketing techniques/tools to achieve successful campaigns and promotions.
- Manage online presence (i.e. social media, website, etc.).
- Capture leads generated from marketing efforts and pass on to sales team.
- Translate research and development data into to sales collateral.
*May perform other related duties as assigned or requested. May assume responsibility of any duties which may be necessary in the event of a co-worker’s absence or in the event of temporary reassignment.
- Works independently
- Honest, compliant, driven, trustworthy and enjoys team atmospheres
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Design and originality
- Deductive and inductive reasoning
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Time management
- Public speaking and presenting
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing for an agriculture/crop inputs/value added fertilizer/turf or similar industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications, Agri-Business or a related field from an accredited university or college
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator) and CRM software
This individual will be home-based and must be able to effectively work in this kind of environment. The individual will be subject to occasional travel for business needs. Preferred home-based location is central to eastern US.
Ostara is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org